Total Pageviews

Makeup Artist And Hair Stylist With A Back Ground In Asthetic Studies

My photo
A blog all about the world of beauty

Thursday 23 May 2013

Why You Need To Use Hair Oil

 
 
 
There are so many hair oils in the market but why do we need to use hair oil in the first place?
Our scalp naturally produces oil which can only reach hair that's close to our scalp so we need hair oil to moisturize the rest of our hair. It can be great to give yourself a head massage. If you’re going to apply oil to your scalp, massage your scalp in circular movements so you'll get some blood circulation going and in turn relieve some stress.
So now that we know why we need oil we can move on to what's good in the market.
 
 
 
I personally prefer coconut oil cause it's light weight and easy to wash out. I have been loving the flora parachute oil. It has a jasmine scent to it and is even lighter than regular coconut oils. It’s very easy to wash out of my curly hair.
 
 
The vatika coconut oil has henna and lemon extracts in it. I'm not a big fan of this one. My hair seems dull after I wash it out and I don't like henna in any of my hair products cause it's bad for your hair. If you’re the type of person who likes to put oil in your hair over night this is not the product for you cause of the henna.
 
The L'Oreal elvive extraordinary oil is fairly new in the market and is very expensive compared to anything else on the shelves. It's a blend of many oils. It's light weight and smells amazing. It’s an oil you can wear after you've washed your hair and won't make your hair look too oily. I will be buying this again.
There are a lot of other great aromatic oils in the market that are great for stress relief, do try them out if you get the chance. It's preferable to oil your hair half an hour before you wash your hair. Don't let it sit in your hair all night. Don't forget your skin needs moisture, so does your hair.
Have a good weekend everyone.
xoxo
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments: