Total Pageviews

Makeup Artist And Hair Stylist With A Back Ground In Asthetic Studies

My photo
A blog all about the world of beauty

Thursday 30 May 2013

Cleansing ,Toning , Moisturizing And Protecting Your Skin

The truth is that most of us don't have beautiful skin , we don't even have so called ''normal'' skin. Instead  we have dry bits ,oily bits or irritated bits. The C.T.M.P skin care routine should help you create beautiful , perfect ''normal'' skin.
Before we go ahead this routine is just the basic routine for every skin type, in my future blog posts I will go in depth about this routine for each skin type specifically .

C is for cleansing

You need to properly cleanse your skin at least once a day preferably before you go to bed. Some of the cleansers you could use are given below
Glycerin soaps and cleansing bars
Normal soap is too harsh for your faces delicate skin but soaps that have moisturizing ingredients can be a compromise.
Foam cleansers
These are great when you need to remove thick sunscreen or even makeup. It's basically great for deep cleansing.
Cream cleansers
Milky cleansers tend to moisturize while they cleanse.
Cleansing wipes
Cleansing wipes are great for  women that are in a hurry or just tired at the end of the day. One good wipe and your done! Pick wipes that are specific to your skin type.




T is for toner

The use of toner's are very controversial in the beauty world. Some say their not at all useful some say they are needed to close your pores after you use your cleanser or to remove any dirt left over after you cleanse .If you do use a toner it's best to use one that's alcohol free. I personally use rose water as a toner because it makes my skin soft and makes me feel like I'm making sure my skin is squeaky clean before I go to bed.

M is for Moisturizer

No matter what skin you have you need a moisturizer. The types of moisturizer's are
Gel or lotion based moisturizer
These type of moisturizers are great for wearing during the day because they tend to be very light, have less oil and are easily absorbed.
Heavy Moisturizer
These are oil based and thick , great for winter time or for very dry skin.




P is for protection


If you want good skin, protect it! Sunscreen screens out harmful and aging ultraviolet rays. For day to day wear, SPF 15 is enough , but if you're going to be out all day or on holiday , wear SPF 30 or above.

So cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect your skin DAILY for the best skin you can have.
In my future posts you will learn how to apply this routine for each particular skin type.


Makeup lover and Hair Highness
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    I have a query regarding white heads and black heads,i Have a combination skin.my cheeks are normal,never oily but i m prone to ACNE.especially blck n white heads...i get pimples on my jawline...is it a hormonal issue? Currently im having tiny tiny whiteheads on my jawline..they really look ugly...please guide me how to get rid of this problem permanently? Also solution for acne pits not very deep..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for your response Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm so sorry I'm replying to this so late. I recommend you use tea tree oil as a spot treatment on your pimples and on the areas you have white heads...dilute your tea tree oil with water because it can be too harsh when used alone. You could even pick up a tea tree oil product in the market. Tea tree has helped me personally I use a tea tree face scrub. Hope this helps you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend asked me to check your blog out Sarah. Love it and I have subscribed to you and liked you FB page. :)

    I have a blog over at WP and I am currently doing a blogger in focus series and would like for you to check it out! http://beautyinformer.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/get-noticed-blogger-in-focus/

    Here are a few posts from the series:
    http://beautyinformer.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/blogger-in-focus-natalie-from-natzisstash/

    http://beautyinformer.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/blogger-in-focus-tanya-from-fashion-style-passion/

    http://beautyinformer.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/blogger-in-focus-prachi-bisht/

    Cheers

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip about using rose water as a toner! Ive been using it for a month now and can totally see the difference it has made to my skin.

    My question is - do you know of any natural products I could use as a moisturizer before going to bed at night?

    Thanks in advance, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete